Sunday, December 12, 2010

All things merry

It has come to my attention lately how truly blessed we are for have been able to have a temple marriage.  I just feel so lucky to know that when life is tough, I have nothing to fear because the Lord is with us helping us, guiding us, comforting us and prompting us.  Marriage isn't all lovey dovey all the time,  at times it's a learning process and I feel happy to not only have Heavenly Father on our side but my best friend on my side. The world will throw you all kinds of lemons, most you would have never expected or planned for, and its going to take being united on as many levels as possible to get through it. Including your faith.  I truly grow to love my husband more and more each passing day. Love is a wonderful thing, and at this Christmas season, I feel very lucky to have it so abundant in my life.  Merry christmas everyone! We love you all!
On another note..
Tony went to the 49er game today ( GO NINERS!) So I went to singles with Natalie.  I MISS SINGLES SOOOOOOOOOO much. :(  I try veryveryvery hard to love my ward just as much but....=/  
It was so nice to see everyone and to feel the spirit that is always there.  After church I came home and had some presents to wrap and put under our tree!  So I turned on some of our favorite christmas tunes and started away.  It was so christmas-y in here with the tree and the lights.. but something was missing. And thats when I found this.

Christmas Yule Log on Demand!
What a great idea for those who don't have a fireplace right?!  Our little home feels cozier already!

I also decided to make some Peppermint Bark today with was interesting.  One would think with all the baking I love to do I could handle the simple peppermint bark recipe right? Yea, I burnt the first batch. oops.
But the second batch came out great ;)
Hubby really liked it.
 One thing I love about Christmas..  getting Christmas cards in the mail!!!
It just gets me all excited about the holidays and knowing people thought of us makes me feel so loved. I am working on ours at the moment and they should be out by wednesday ( hopefully!)   Jacki actually took some AWESOME pictures of us this first year together.  She is so amazing.  If anyone is looking for a photographer.. Jacki is the woman! 

She's talented right?


Merry Christmas everyone!

XOXO,

The Rickers




No comments: