Sunday, December 26, 2010

SANTA CAME!!!!

 Christmas was A-mazing.  Simply put, it was the best Christmas I have ever had.  Originally I was thinking that I might be a little sad waking up anywhere else besides my parents home.  But waking up in our home and having our first Christmas here together was so special.  Tony and I both get SOOO into Christmas, it was just magical.  Full of joy, tears, love and pure joy. There's nothing better then snuggling up with the one you love on the couch listening to christmas music, enjoying the twinkling lights of the christmas tree and the sparks of the fireplace. Tony woke me up at 6:45 am, as excited as you would expect a little child to be. We got up and walked into the living room and BOY OH BOY did Santa come!!! All my favorites were under our tree- True Religion, Victoria Secret Pink and... a little blue box!!! I was BLOWN AWAY! Do I have the greatest most amazing husband ever or what?!  Santa also brought Tony a year long membership to 24 hour fitness!



 
After we had our first Christmas here at our place, we quickly got ready and headed over to the Ricker house to open presents there too.  It was awesome because even though Tony's siblings are grown up, they all ( except Stacy =(  ) came home early in the morning to open presents by the Christmas tree all together.  I can honestly say there is no better feeling then the love of family.  I feel so blessed to have them. I love them so much! And even though this was our first Christmas together and we couldn't really afford to buy everyone an amazing gift like we wanted, no one cared at the least.  No one cared because being with the ones you love on Christmas is an amazing gift in itself.  :)
  We definitely got hooked up with some cool presents at the Ricker home.. A new Ipod that is actually big enough to hold all Tony's music (160 g's!) a new home docking system for it, tons of spa stuff for me, and (this was awesome-) a "girls night gift basket! Complete with movie tickets, dinner gift cards, candy and lots of chocolate!  We got dinner gift cards, clothes, Cd's and all kinds of cool stuff.  The big present of the year went to Mom, who got... A BRAND NEW IPAD!   It was definitely magical over there I must say.  I really loved being over there for Christmas morning, with all the nieces and nephews running around playing with new toys Santa brought for them.  It will be so fun to experience Christmas in the future ( far future lol) with our own babies.  We are the only ones left with no children and I must say I think about it alot.  However, after a day spent with my adorable nieces and nephews I must say I do like coming home.. alone ;)
After the Ricker Christmas it was off to my parents house for a good ol' MacCallum Family Christmas.  One of the most looked forward to parts of the Christmas experience is our Christmas DVD.  Basically, instead of sending out Christmas letters, my family makes a DVD of all the past years pictures.  Birthdays, anniversary's, graduations, retirements, weddings, showers, and all the funny kodak moments in between.  Its becoming a family tradition and I feel excited every year to see the reactions on everyones faces.  It was awesome.  After thanksgiving dinner for the second time.. ( and at this point it was Tonys...6th plate?   ( love you honey!)  We fell asleep on the couch in our matching snuggies.  Yes we got matching snuggies.
 All in all it was the best Christmas I could have imagined. Im so lucky to have my best friend, and high school sweetheart to share the holidays with and can't wait for the years ahead of us.  I love him more than words can say.  I hope everyone had a magical Christmas and lets get ready for new years!!


Lots of love,

Heather

No comments: